Communication And Public Relations Manager Job Description
WSFS Bank is currently seeking a Communication and Public Relations Manager to join the WSFS Bank marketing team. The Communication and Public Relations Manager will oversee communications and the flow of information from WSFS Bank to the public. This role will develop, deliver and drive strategic communications support that will create compelling content for internal and external audiences. The incumbent will partner throughout the organization to ensure consistent messaging and an aligned and integrated approach to brand, messaging and communications. The incumbent will have excellent writing skills and be a strong collaborator with the ability to interact, influence and communicate effectively. The incumbent must understand the complexity of multiple lines of business and speaking to audiences with diverse interests. The incumbent will cultivate relationships with reporters and other media professionals and evaluate opportunities in and around the WSFS footprint. The incumbent will supervise media relations by responding to inquiries from journalists and bloggers and actively seek out publications for promotional content. The incumbent will be skilled in the field of crisis communications. They will be responsible for publicity and getting news coverage of Associates, products, events, businesses or pieces of content to the public. Additionally, they will be a liaison to the community strategy team to maximize sponsorships.
The Communications Manager will partner with the product team to manage and meet the needs of the business lines they support through strategy development, communications planning, writing and editing. For example; support the product team in the development of product specific collateral and website content. The incumbent will support variety of high visibility strategic communications projects including the development of talking points, presentations and writing/drafting Investor relations related content including earnings releases. The incumbent will write quality content for the website to support the Bank’s digital strategy of becoming a thought leader in the financial marketing space, and social media posts for the company’s social media accounts to share company news, community events and other related content. The incumbent will work closely with the advertising manager to support the branches and businesses lines to help them reach their goals by developing and promoting marketing materials that support the programs they participate in on a local or regional scale. This will include actively managing marketing efforts for new branch openings and renovations, including pre, during and post-opening activities.
• Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Journalism, or related field.
• Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing, communications or advertising agency
• Previous financial services experience is required.
• Must be a creative and self-motivated individual who works collaboratively in a high performance, team environment.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment, drive forward key initiatives and manage workflow on simultaneous projects.
• Must possess the ability to interact confidently and effectively with all levels of management.
• Must possess an
understanding of banking products and services for retail, commercial, cash
management, wealth and other niche businesses.
• Excellent organization and project management skills are required and graphic design skills are a plus.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Incumbent will be required to stand for intermittent periods of time.
• Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
• The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
• This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Demands: The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
• This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
• Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
• Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
• Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.