Graphic Design Job in Watertown, Massachusetts : MA 02472
Looking for Graphic Design Jobs? See currently available Graphic Design job openings on graphic-design.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
graphic-design.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any graphic design job . We provide job resources for Graphic Design positions throughout the industry. graphic-design.jobs.net also provides Graphic Design jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Graphic Design by either city or state.
graphic-design.jobs.net is a graphic design job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Graphic Design jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your graphic design job search on graphic-design.jobs.net today.
Web Graphic Designer
Web Graphic Designer Job Description
Working closely with the Supervisor Marketing Materials Production and the Managers for Acquisition, Member Communications, and Digital, the Web Graphic Designer works with a Sr Marketing Communications Writer to provide tactical design leadership to the marketing department in the areas of visual creative and graphic design across channels including Web design. This position will also contribute to projects related to UI/UX initiatives and usability best practices.
The following functions of role occur simultaneously, therefore the employee must be able to appropriately handle each essential function, prioritize, seek assistance when necessary, and provide analysis and reporting to ensure continuous improvement in all areas.
% of TIME
Fulfill department and corporate graphic design needs:
* Design collateral that is consistent with Tufts Health Plan brand image such as: brochures, flyers, invitations, direct mail pieces, newsletters, posters, handbooks, forms, binders, stickers, and Powerpoint presentations.
* Consult with Marketing Managers and other internal clients to understand a project's communication goals, then working with in-house Content Developer develop creative options and present to the project manager for review and approval.
* Develop project timetable--giving input on design and production turnaround times to project staff.
* Responsible for completing all facets of the design process, including finalizing the design, photo research, manipulation of images, layout and text, and production of print-ready files or files ready for posting to the web, review and coordination of the proofing process, and on-site management of press checks.
* Work with and assist external creative contributors (such as freelance designers and contractors) in the development of creative concepts. Ensure their work meets with Tufts Health Plan's branding requirements, and is adhering to the project's creative direction.
Logos & Guidelines:
* Responsible for corporate logo usage within the Division. Also responsible for communicating specs and logo usage to outside vendors.
* Develop and maintain Department branding guidelines as needed.
* Collaborate with Manager and design team to arrange outside vendor needs related to design, such as photography and illustration, and coordination of delivery.
* In conjunction with Manager and design team, research and maintain relationships with design-related vendors, such as artists' representatives, illustrators, photographers, print vendors.
* Keep current on innovations in design and print technology and design materials, and make appropriate recommendations for improving design capabilities and executions.
* Review materials on an ongoing basis with an eye toward continuous improvement, and obtain buy-in from project managers to implement these improvements.
Web Publishing Design, and Development
* Web UI
* Landing pages
* Custom microsites
* Web graphics/images
* Rich media
* E-mail blasts
* Other online marketing vehicles
Assist with content management projects and archiving efforts.
Work with content contributors and online experience manager in maximizing content placement on the Website. Collaborate with cross-functional decision owners and other stakeholders on how to continually improve UI effectiveness and navigation to maximize user experience and support goals. Communicate and sell design solutions to project stakeholders, emphasizing usability best practices and then manage the implementation of these improvements.
Assist in developing new creative strategies that support a comprehensive visual design and user experience for the Division's online channel that coordinates with the overall Corporate online design.
Ensure all web UIs are accurately viewable on multiple platforms and by multiple browsers and serve as a technical liaison to IS/vendors/partners for communicating any incompatibilities.
Identify any patterns associated with web publishing processes and make recommendations for streamlining work flows that can expedite turn-around time, minimize errors, and reduce duplication of effort.
Requires an understanding of the following concepts:
* Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and use of SEO markup tags.
* Backend development and frameworks.
* User accessibility guidelines (and when to work around them).
* Familiarity with user experience design principles, e.g., human factors, user-centered design processes, interaction design guidelines, web-industry standards and trends, platform standards, and prototyping/design.
EDUCATION: Requires a bachelor's degree in art, graphic design or web design (or equivalent experience), along with and knowledge of the principles of communication and marketing.
EXPERIENCE: Requires specific expertise designing a variety of print materials, from simple newsletters to more complex brochures, and front-end website design and implementation, usually acquired through five to seven years' experience working as a designer in an advertising or design agency, or in an in-house communications department.
SKILL REQUIREMENTS: Requires ability to grasp communications problems, conceptualize visual solutions, and effectively communicate these ideas for approval, both verbally and through rough illustrations and sketches. Ability to take complex information, interpret it and present it to a variety of audiences. Requires strong project management skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Requires expert knowledge of software applications Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Powerpoint, Dreamweaver
Fluency/strong proficiency in: HTML, CSS
Familiarity with Word and Excel needed.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Requires ability to perform in a fast paced, changing office environment, while handling multiple demands. Must be able to absorb information from a variety of sources, accurately interpret it, and present designs that effectively communicate the information.
Must be able to think quickly in a highly stressful environment and exercise appropriate judgment as necessary.
Requires ability to use Macintosh computer system for extended periods of time, and prolonged periods of sitting.
Requires ability to work beyond regular hours, as needed to execute projects on time. Press approvals and marketing events may take place in the early morning, evening or on weekends or holiday.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Watertown Graphic Design Job